His advaita philosophy is recognized all over the world. His stronghold was so great that all the later philosophies which evolved in India had either to agree with him or refute him in order to establish their philosophy.Shankara wrote on almost all major Vedic literature. Nearly 400 works have been attributed to him and this is a partial list of his contributions.
- COMMENTARY ON BRAHMASUUTRA.
- COMMENTARY ON BHAGVAD GIITAA.
- COMMENTARY ON THE FOLLOWING UPANISHHADS :
- IISHA, AITAREYA, KATHA, KENA, CHAANDOGYA, TAITTIRIIYA, PRASHNA,BRIHADAARANYAKA, MAANDUUKYA AND MUNDAKA.
- THE AUTHORSHIP OF THE COMMENTARY OF SHVETAASHVATAROPANISHHAD ATTRIBUTED TO SHANKARA IS SLIGHTLY DOUBTFUL.
- COMMENTARY ON VISHHNU SAHASRANAAMA
- COMMENTARY ON SANAT.H SUJAATIIYA
- COMMENTARY ON LALITAATRISHATI